Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling Lighter

Yes I'm walking on sunshine and feeling a little lighter! i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's sweet, warm light.

Four years of "emotional fatigue" can weigh you down -the ups and downs, the uncertainty, and what seems like endless disappointments. I think only people who have been through this grueling process can truly understand what I mean.

The upside is that you really appreciate your child when you finally meet them if you've endured a lot to a make them a part of your family.

I speak from experience because we jumped through a lot of hoops to have Aidan. He was my (first) miracle baby. And I can't imagine my life without him.

I can tell you that we have jumped through MANY more hoops for Maya. Ironically we thought that adoption would be easier.

So I know Maya (our second miracle baby) will bring us tremendous joy. It will be our privilege to be her parents. And we can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are often an expression of what's in my head :) I can't wait to see pics of Maya. Perhaps we'll be in Vietnam at the same time (trying to be positive lol)!

    ReplyDelete