Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 5- Vung Tau City and Dinner with Local Partners

Today I decided to see a bit of Vung Tau City. I walked down Back Beach, which is actually a fairly nice beach. Vietnamese were swimming with their clothes on. I walked several kms further down the beach towards town. Large cargo ships could be seen coming toward the harbour and oil platforms could be seen in the distance. Oil is pretty big business here. 
I walked all the way to the hill with the giant Jesus on it. Then I walked up hundreds of steps to the top. It was scorching hot with high humidity. From the top of the hill there were good views of the harbour. 


Tung  from East Meets West met me at my hotel and we joined Mr. Dan and Hanh from the local partner oĊ•ganization for dinner at a local seafood restaurant. The food as very good. I also learned to say cheers in Vietnamese. They shout mot, Hai,  ba, (1,2, 3) and then (what sounds like) yo!  



Me with Tung from East Meets West (aka Thrive Network)
Me with Hanh from the Vung Tau Friendship Organization

Me with Mr. Dan of the Vung Tau Friendship Organization
Walking along Back Beach
View from the boardwalk. Way in the distance are cargo ships and oil platforms
I found this sign amusing. 
I walked several km in the blazing heat to the Giant Jesus statue, one of the main landmarks in Vung Tau City.


I climbed many steps to the top of the hill. There were other religious statues along the way
In front of the Giant Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment