Saturday, December 3, 2016

Arrived Saigon!

I arrived in Saigon yesterday morning. My flight was very nice. Cathay Pacific rarely disappoints. I was able to get a bit of shut eye on the flight so I had a bit of energy to take in some city sights. I first checked in at my hotel, the Cinnamon hotel in District 1. The staff are very friendly but the accommodations are only so so and no air conditioning. It's 31 C with high humidity. 
Managed to get to Ben Thanh market to buy some tshirts and then had a late lunch of chicken Pho and coffee. 
I got tickets to a show called Teh Dar at the Opera House through the hotel. It was an interesting blend of acrobatics using bamboo poles and baskets with dance and music. 


On my way to HCMC! 
Lunch of Pho Ga
Teh Dar Show at the Opera House
Performers posed for photos at the end
 
Statue In front of Opera House
Me inside awaiting the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment