Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 2 - Saigon sites and street food tour


Still  being a bit jet-lagged I slept in and then had a leisurely breakfast of pho, coffee, and passion fruit. My first stop was the War Remnants Museum, which documents the atrocities of the Vietnam War including several moving exhibits showing the horrible and long lasting effects of Agent Orange on the Vietnamese people.  Following this museum, I visited the Reunification Palace, also known as the site where Saigon fell. 

The highlight of the day was a street food tour I took on motorbike at night! I won't lie. This took a bit of nerve. It turned out I was worried for no reason. My guide was an excellent driver, the food was all delicious, and I had no stomach issues. It was a great way to experience Vietnamese life and learn about Vietnamese culture from our students guides. 

Our guide explaining the ingredient in a special kind of spring roll. They were pink because of all the chili in them!
Me with my motorbike driver and guide
Touring the flower markets
Cooking and then sampling
Eating on the street

Vietnamese pizza made with rice paper, egg, corn and other ingredients
Trying a bunch of different custards


No comments:

Post a Comment