Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 3 Travel to Vung Tau and Meet Ngoc Anh

Today I travelled from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau by hydrofoil. The Vung Tau harbour brought back memories from our adoption trip six years ago. I am staying at the Green Hotel, a three star hotel on Back Beach. It seems like mostly Vietnamese are staying here.I found a nearby mall, which was not as cheap as I hoped, to purchase some gifts for the orphanage. I then went to the orphanage to meet Ngoc Anh, a girl with HIV that we started sponsoring this year through APER, as well as the mother of Anh Dao, a student I am sponsoring to attend pharmacy school. I was given a tour of the orphanage by My Huong, the assistant orphanage director, who is also overseeing our sponsorships. The Vung Tau centre is very new and well funded compared to other orphanages, like Vung Tau 3 in Ba Ria where Maya is from.




Leaving HCMC
On the hydrofoil on way to Vung Tau. Luckily I read about their propensity to catch on fire AFTER my trip.
                       
Vung Tau harbour with fishing vessels
View of Back Beach from my hotel
Ngoc Anh on left. The kids were all so cute and longing for attention

No comments:

Post a Comment