Thursday, May 6, 2010

All Night Long!

Yes, Maya slept in the crib all night long, without waking me - hooray!!!

This required some rather unconventional maneuvers that I hope I don't have to repeat every night.

Normally I wait for her to fall asleep in my bed before transferring her to the crib. However, I was feeling lucky last night because I had actually gotten her to nap in her crib yesterday afternoon (she usually has to be walked to sleep in the stroller and I am getting tired of two hour power walks every day - although I haven't been this slim for a decade :)).

So I waited until she had had her bottle and was good and drowsy and then I put her in the crib with all of her favourite things. Well... she protested... VEHEMENTLY. I tried to comfort her while standing outside the crib but she wouldn't stand for it. This is when I jumped in the crib too!! Yes - desperate times demand desperate measures.

She then calmed down and fell asleep. I wasn't sure if i was going to make it back OUT of the crib without waking her (or hurting myself!). But I did it. And she slept through the night!

YAHOO!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, after reading your post I was reminded of this video, hope the link will come through, or I'll try to send it in a different way..

    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=287231156466&ref=mf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Carol! Thanks for sharing your unconventional tip - I may have to use it myself once we get home!

    ReplyDelete