Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 12 - Tam Coc, Ninh Binh

I had a few more days left in Vietnam; so I decided to take a day trip to Tam Coc in Ninh Binh. This area is known as "Halong Bay on Land" and came recommended by several travellers and tour guides I had met.  Despite an overcast day, it did not disappoint! The landscape had a mystical "other worldly" feel to it, like you were on a different planet.  The tour started with a visit to two temples, as this area was the capital of Vietnam for many years until the capital was moved to Hanoi. After visiting the temples, we took a sampan trip on the river. The sampan's are rowed mostly by women and largely by using their feet! It was a lovely trip and more spectacular then Guilin in China. Following the boat ride, we hopped on some bicycles and rode around the town and rice paddies. It was a great way to see the area.

Tomorrow is my last day in Hanoi. I don't have anything planned except some more shopping so this is likely my last post of the trip. It's been a wonderful trip and I look forward to going home.


Entrance to two temples dedicated to ancient kings of Vietnam and location of ancient capital
Selfie on sampan. You can see the driver rowing with her feet and lovely limestone peaks in the background
Another view of Tam Coc

Video of boat ride on the river
Getting ready to cycle around the town and rice fields


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, really interesting and nice picture to share. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, the experience is unique, I like it, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, interesting to know about your trip, I am very proud of your image. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete