Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where did the summer go?

I can't believe the summer is effectively over and school starts tomorrow for Aidan. We had some fun times but not as much fun as I had hoped.

My mother has declined significantly over the last few months and much of my time was spent interviewing caregivers and looking for activities for her-almost all of which she poo-pooed. It's been emotionally exhausting. Emotional exhaustion that comes on the heels of a grueling 4 year adoption process and dealing with two other elderly relatives in crisis for all of last year.

My mom's new caregiver started today. My mother wasn't in a very good mood. I hope that the caregiver will stay as I can't imagine going back to the drawing board again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    I hope things work out with your mom's caregiver....my mom too did not at first take to her caregiver and then over time they became fast friends with my mom sort of becoming a surrogate mom to the caregiver such that when my mom died, the caregiver grieved her loss just as we did....noone takes to change well, at any age.....sending postive thoughts!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Francesca! Things are starting to look up a bit. My mom is getting used to her caregiver. And the caregiver hasn't quit yet. Hopefully next week will be easier.

    ReplyDelete