Monday, August 26, 2013

Paradise Revisited 2013

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was incredibly busy this summer and in dire need of a vacation.  The cottage was just what the doctor ordered.  Somehow being on the water is so relaxing.  We had seven straight days of sunny weather and the water was warm!  The kids busied themselves playing on the beach and in the water most days.  I enjoyed floating on the lake on the air mattress.  We all took turns on the wonderful hammock.  So relaxing!
 
We did try to do some outdoorsy things each day.  We went hiking at scenic caves and walking most evenings.  We also went paddle boating one day in Owen Sound. But most of the time was spent relaxing by the water and enjoying great family time. Here are some photos from our stay....
 
 
 
The cottage
 
The lovely view
 
Hours and hours playing in the sand
  

Lots of rides on the raft

Having fun!


Breakfast on the deck
Inner tube for two

Touring Meaford Harbour

Maya with her new doll

On one of many nightly walks

Hiking at Scenic Caves

Climbing at the Playground

Campfires
 
and some more S'mores!

 Paddle Boating in Owen Sound
 
Aahhh..... relaxing on the hammock
My short haired girl in her new bathing suit
 
More fun in the water
One of my favourite shots

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol - I love your blog! Maya is such a sweetheart. The funny thing is, when I first saw Maya, I couldn't believe how much she resembles my daughter, Myla. Myla is only 14 months but looks like a mini Maya.

    ReplyDelete