Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Dollhouse Project


My great grandfather was a house builder in north Toronto and when my mother was a child he built her a dollhouse in the fashion of the homes of the day. When I was a child, my mom and Nana  renovated the dollhouse for me.  Now more than 40 years later, it's time to renovate again. I had hoped this would be a project for me and my mom.  However, that was not meant to be. Now it's me and Maya fixing it up. Our deadline is her 4 th birthday in April. I need a deadline as I barely have time to fix up my house, let alone the dollhouse.  So here are the before pictures and in a few months we will post the after photos.

2 comments:

  1. My grandfather built me a dollhouse when I was about six years old. When we moved to Canada from England when I was 15 there was no way I was leaving it behind. It sits in my parents' basement waiting for the day that the little girl I hope to bring home can play with it. Thank you for sharing this story. It is so good to know that other homemade, beautiful dollhouses exist.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth. Good luck with your adoption.

    ReplyDelete